Water in life
Water is one of the essential elements for the life of living organisms on Earth. It is a chemical compound and consists of one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms.
Uses of water in life:-
• Maintaining the temperature on the ground. Facilitate the digestive process.
• A means of transportation by ships and boats. It is used to generate electricity to operate machinery and to manufacture materials.
• Air cooled and hot metal. Recreation (ie kayaking and swimming). Watering gardens and flowers.
• Fill public fountains inside restaurants and hospitals and put out fires.
• Cultivation of lands. Housework such as:
* The toilet.
*Other uses such as washing hands and cleaning teeth
3- Surface tension.
4- Poetic property.
5- Specific heat.
6- A universal solvent.
7- Acid neutralization.
9 - Delivery of electricity.
Ways to conserve water:-
• Not to throw industrial waste, factory waste, fossil fuels and nuclear waste into rivers to conserve water resources.
• Cleaning wells and water tanks.
• Repairing taps to prevent water leaks.
• Never leave the tap open after use.
• Building dams to store rain water.
• Repairing any malfunction or leaking water pipes.
• Publish campaigns to educate people about the importance of rationalizing water consumption. Sea water desalination.
• The use of modern irrigation methods such as drip irrigation.
•Sewage water treatment.
• Building wells to collect rainwater.